Saturday, February 28, 2009

Retro Springtime Inspiration

I realized that I jumped in without explaining the Plan in my sewing. I do that sometimes (a lot) so bear with me there. As I said in my previous post, I love the classic styles that never seem to go out of fashion. Marlene Dietrich, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly. Just wearing classic styles reminds me of them and adds a lilt to my walk, a confidence to my conversations.

As I selected fabrics and styles for this collection, I envisioned springtime in New York or Paris, circa 1935-1955. I am intentionally mixing eras because my everyday is a collection of varied activities, all focused around the central theme of history, creativity, and love of place.

My four bottoms pieces are a gored skirt, a jumper/sundress, and two pair of flared trousers.
My six tops are three knit tops and three fitted shirts.
And for my coat, I will make a twill cropped double breasted jacket.
My palette consists of two basics and two colors.
Black and Warm White with shades Orange and Green.

I hope this makes sense. That storyboard should be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment